Imagine being able to charge your phone or tablet just by reaching over the side of your sofa and plugging in.
TUF A+C 5A can do just that. Not only does it give you the best of both world’s when it comes to USB charging with both Type-A and Type-C connectors available in one module! It’s one of the fastest chargers out there.
Apple, Samsung, Google and Microsoft are all now using Type-C USB chargers in their devices, this is because they are small, reversible and charge phones/tablets significantly faster than Type-A connectors.
TUFA+C from OE Electrics provides both the new USB-C port, for enhanced fast charging of compatible devices, plus a USB-A for charging legacy devices – suiting users with any USB powered device old or new. TUF is also replaceable through patented TUF-R technology; perfect for areas of high traffic such as airports, hospitality and schools, where if damaged they are easily replaced in-situ without the need for an electrician or even turning off the power.
TYPE-C USB CHARGING IS THE FUTURE
DON’T BE LEFT BEHIND AND JOIN THE TYPE-C CHARGING REVOLUTION!
How it works
TUFA+C from OE Electrics provides both the new USB-C port, for enhanced fast charging of compatible devices, plus a USB-A for charging legacy devices – suiting users with any USB powered device old or new.
Intelligent Device Recognition ensures compatibility with all USB Type A and Type C (5V) devices
TUFA+C can quickly be replaced, in-situ, without the need for an electrician or turning off the power; or, to keep pace with technology, it can be exchanged for an upgraded TUF solution.
Maximum combined output 5A
Type A 5V up to 2.5A Type C 5V up to 3.0A
Certified to IEC 60950-1, UL 60950-1, and EN61204-3/CISPR22
5000+ insertion USB connectors*
Gold Plated for Improved Contact Type-A specifically manufactured for minimum 5000 insertions. Type-C for minimum 10,000 insertions.
The procedure for replacing a TUFR5A charging socket in situ, has been designed to be quick and simple with no need for a qualified electrician. Simply remove the TUF-R5A fascia and extract the TUF module with the supplied tool, insert a new module until the integral clips engage and finally refit the fascia. The process taking no more than a few minutes and without the need to disconnect the AC supply.
TUF A+C in OE Electrics Products
TUF A+C 5A USB Charger fits into ALL OE Electrics products
Specifications, features & dimensions
|USB charging outlets||1 x Type A female
1 x Type C female
|Charging current||Type A 5V up to 2.5A
Type C 5V up to 3.0A
Maximum combined output 5A
|Rated Total Output Power||25W|
|AC Voltage Range||110-240VAC at 50/60Hz|
|AC Input Current (Full Load)||Maximum 0.6A|
|Efficiency||Up to 90%|
|Environment||0 – 30C / 85% Relative Humidity|
|Protection from External Surges||Yes (3.5kA for 8/20us Pulse)|
|Internal Over Temp Protection||Self Resetting|
|Internal Over Voltage Protection||Self Resetting|
|Output Over Current Protection||Self Limiting|
|Short Circuit Protection||Self Resetting|
|USB Sockets||Intelligent Device Recognition (IDR)
Gold Plated for Improved Contact Type-A specifically manufactured for minimum 5000 insertions.
Type-C for minimum 10,000 insertions.
|Power Indicator||Blue LED|
|Cable Compensation||Voltage Adjustable to compensate for cable loss|
|Standards||Certified to IEC 60950-1, UL 60950-1, and EN61204-3/CISPR22|
Compatibility (examples only, not exhaustive)
|Apple iPhone/Ipad||Yes – Type A Apple 2.4A
Type C 5V 3A
|Apple Macbook Laptop||Yes – Type C – 3A|
|Google Pixel Phone + Laptop||Yes – Type C – 3A|
|Android (USB BC1.2)||Yes – Type A|
|Samsung Tablet Charging Specification||Yes – Type A|
|Blackberry||Yes – Type A|
Device Charge Times
10 to 90% Charge Time (Min)
|iPhone 8+||71 (Type C)
75 (Type A)
|Samsung Galaxy Note 8||69 (Type C)
87 (Type A)
|iPad Pro 9.7||125 (Type C)
235 (Type A)
TUF A+C 5A Charger Dimensions:
Do not delete
1. WHAT IS A TUF CHARGER?
2. WHAT DO YOU MEAN “FAST CHARGE”?
3. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 5A COMBINED OUTPUT?
4. I HAVE SEEN SOME CHARGERS WHERE ONE OUTLET SAYS APPLE AND THE OTHER SAYS ANDROID – WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
5. WILL A TUF BE ABLE TO CHARGE MY PHONE OR TABLET AS FAST AS THE ORIGINAL MANUFACTURER’S CHARGER?
6. WILL TUF FAST CHARGE APPLE DEVICES?
7. WHAT ABOUT THE LATEST DEVICES WITH USB TYPE C CHARGING CABLES
8. WHAT DOES TUF-R MEAN?
9. ALL CHARGER MANUFACTURERS SEEM TO SAY THEY FAST CHARGE, WHAT IS DIFFERENT ABOUT TUF?
10. DOES TUF5ANEED TO BE CONNECTED TO A PC?
11. WHAT WARRANTY DO YOU PROVIDE ON TUF?
12. WHAT IS THE EXPECTED LIFESPAN OF TUF?
13. WHAT OVERLOAD PROTECTION DOES THE TUF CHARGER HAVE?
14. IF I CAN’T UNPLUG OR TURN OFF TUF, IT MUST BE WASTING LOTS OF POWER?
15. WHAT SAFETY CERTIFICATION DOES THE TUF CHARGER HAVE?
All our TUF’s have been safety tested by an independent international test laboratory to International standards such as Certified to IEC 60950-1, UL 60950-1, and EN61204-3/CISPR22
16. DOES THE TUF CHARGER COMPLY WITH CURRENT EMC STANDARDS?
17. EVEN WITH TUF I EXPERIENCE DIFFERENT CHARGING RATES – WHY IS THAT?
18. I HAVE HEARD SCARE STORIES ABOUT CHEAP CHARGERS IN THE MEDIA – WHAT MAKES AN OE ELECTRICS TUF DIFFERENT?
19. WHY WOULD I CHOOSE A USB CHARGER, LIKE TUF, INSTEAD OF A WIRELESS CHARGER?
20. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION?
Want more information?
Pop your details below and we will get back you you within 48 working hours.